The Harris Charity
The Harris Charity can help young people under the age of 25 years who live in Lancashire (with priority for those living in the Preston District.) The charity can provide financial grants for the following reasons:
- To relieve need, hardship or distress.
- To promote education, including social and physical training.
- To provide financial assistance, outfits, clothing, tools, musical instruments, equipment or books to enable young people to make a successful transition from formal education to prepare for, or to enter, a profession, or trade.
- To support apprenticeships.
- To provide or to assist in the provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure-time occupations in the interest of social welfare with the object of improving the conditions of life.
- To make grants or donations to charitable institutions or organisations whose objective is to the benefit of such persons as listed above.
The Trustees are not authorised to use the income of the Charity directly in relief of rates, taxes or other public funds, but they may use income as supplementary relief or assistance provided out of public funds.